Thursday, August 16, 2012

Save the Date for a Happy Bitrthday!


My biggest challenge using these fabulous Kaiser Save the Date papers is whose photos to scrap – I have so many birthdays to choose from and the papers are  perfect for male or  female and young or old – so  I am loving them!!!



Today I have selected my daughters 6th birthday...I had these gorgeous photos to scrap and loved the colours in the papers!! Tracy has fabulous co-ordinating embellishments for the papers too so  today I am going to showcase some of them for you!!!



I have started with plain white cardstock as its a great  backdrop for the beautiful colours in the  papers!!  I also like to ink my papers to give them more definition on the white background.  Tracy has an awesome collection of inks instore Here!!

I have used the Streamers paper to cut a large banner and adhered it to the left side of the white card.  I have then used the Milestone paper as I loved the mini icy poles !!  To balance this I have then used the striped side of the Invite paper .



I also love papers where you can cut bits out and use them and in this instance I have cut out the Happy birthday  title and banner for the photo from the Hip hippaper.

I love ricrac – you can add it to anything and the shape and the colour  give your layout a pop!!  In this instance I have run a string of pink ricrac  across the bottom of the stiped paper – my photos will sit  just one  the ricrac.  I have even popped the smaller photo up on popdots  so the photo pops off the page.

I have then handcut the banners  and added them after I have adhered my photos.  This is your basic layout done and then  the fun bits – adding some  funky  embellishments to  distinguish your page!



I love the white stemmed star flowers and I have tied them together  with a little piece of twine – love the stuff!!!  To balance that I have then added a  cute  resin flower in white. 




At the smaller photo I have used  one of the scraps of paper and stamped thepresent stamp and cut it out – I have then added pop dots tot he gift so it stands out from the page.  I love the Happy birthday  present pin and the  green  goes  so well with  the papers – I have slid this in behind the  stamped gift. 




 I have then adhered the cut out HappyBirthday and added  the  gorgeous rainbow charm – LOVE  these !!!  and a couple more resin flowers.


For me the journaling is important – I like to record the event and what my thoughts were when I scrapped the photo !  I think it adds to the memory!!


SO get instore and check out the amazing range of charms, ribbons, resin and flowers !!  Just for starters!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, I've just discovered your blog and I'd have to say I love what you've done with the Save the Date range! I'm a hopeless Kaiser addict and I loved it so much I started a shop! I'd actually like to ask your permission to use one of your layouts in my next newsletter. It's the one with the Attitude papers and featuring the Crafter's Workshop Chicken Wire template (I've just started selling these in my shop). I would be delighted if you could let me use your example, and I will of course credit you and link back to your blog. Please email on scrapitsimple@gmail.com. Thanks so much, Hilary